LEASE RETURN CENTER
LEASE RETURN CENTER
At lease-end you have three great options. Whichever you choose, Ford Credit is committed to making your lease-end experience smooth and convenient.
Be sure to discuss these choices with your Ford Dealer. They can help you decide which choice will be right for you. Refer to your Red Carpet Lease Agreement for full details.
Red Carpet Lease provides the option of returning the vehicle at lease-end. Taking the following steps and completing our Vehicle Return Checklist will help ensure a smooth and convenient vehicle return.
Excess Wear and Use Assessment
Prior to vehicle return, its overall condition will be evaluated to determine if there is any Excess (or chargeable) Wear and Use. To help you assess the condition of your vehicle and excess mileage, refer to Excess Wear and Use.
Your lease vehicle inspection identifies Excess Wear and Use your vehicle has. Identifying Excess Wear and Use before vehicle return allows you time to process claims for damage covered under your insurance policy.
Contact Your Originating Dealer*
Take this opportunity to discuss with your Ford Dealer:
- Your vehicle return option
- Questions about Excess Wear and Use or Excess Mileage you have
- Your replacement vehicle needs
- Your appointment to return your leased vehicle on, or before, your scheduled lease-end date. This will ensure that your Ford Dealer is ready to assist you as needed.
- Consider Vehicle Repairs
- Your Ford Dealer can provide any desired repairs, genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, service and the expertise necessary to prepare your vehicle for return.
Retain copies of all repair receipts to verify repairs have been completed when returning your vehicle.
Prepare Your Vehicle for Return
- Remove any personal items from the vehicle. Check areas including:
- Seat Backs, Sun Visors and Under Seats
- Compartments (e.g. Center Console, Glove Box, Eyeglass Holder, Spare Tire)
- Media & Devices (e.g. CD, DVD, USB, MP3)
Gather items that came with your vehicle. These items include:
- All Keys & Key Fobs
- DVD Headphones & Remote
- Navigation Media (e.g. DVD, Memory Card)
- Cargo Covers
- Luggage Crossbars
- Floor Mats
- Owner's Manuals
- Wheel Rims on the vehicle at lease origination
- Any other items that came with the vehicle
Return Your Leased Vehicle
Return your vehicle to your originating dealer* by the lease-end date. Remember to bring any repair receipts as well as all keys and key fobs. To fulfill your lease obligations, you need to:
- Satisfy any remaining financial obligations
- Facilitate lease-end requirements, such as reviewing and signing the Odometer Statement (required by federal law)
- Complete your vehicle return transaction
Please note that failure to complete lease-end transactions by your lease-end date could result in additional charges as described in your Red Carpet Lease Agreement.
*If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to your originating dealer (the dealership which originated your lease), you may return or purchase your leased vehicle through any participating Ford Dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating Ford Dealer, please contact our Customer Service Center.